Green & Environmental Policy
Hard Days Night Hotel Ltd recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as a integral business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage customers, staff, and management at all levels, to do the same.
Brent Ramsell (Buildings & Facilities Manager) is responsible for ensuring that the environmental policy is implemented. However, all employees have responsibility in their areas to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
We endeavour to:
- Increase the use of green electricity.
- Minimise energy use wherever possible. Turning off PC’s and Lights etc
- Hotel lighting technology ensures low “mood” lighting, which reduces wasteful energy
- Programmable thermo sensors in guest rooms to reduce energy waste
- Continual improvement on environmental issues where economically feasible.
- Using water efficient taps and shower heads to reduce waste
- Control the activities of the company to minimise risk of pollution to the environment.
- Minimise the production of waste where possible and any disposal of waste produced will be carried out with due care for the environment.
- Minimise the use of new products where other recycled materials are a suitable substitute
- Microfiber cleaning system used in rooms to minimise the use of chemicals
- To minimise drainage blockages using aerosol clearing products rather than a liquid product
- Make every effort to ensure that where waste materials or products can be recycled they are recycled in an environmentally responsible way in order to conserve resources. All glass, bottles, paper, wood, and waste are externally sorted
- Using local businesses when tendering for contracts
- Hard Day’s Night Hotel publish seasonal menus, which contain in season fruits and vegetables with meats sourced locally
- Ensure that our operations comply with or exceed current legislation and other relevant requirements.
- Be a responsible employer.
- Ensure that all employees carry out their duties in line with the above statement and, through training, are aware of their obligations.
- Minimise the use of mobile phones and monitor existing use as per staff handbook
- Compile and keep publicly available this Company Environmental Policy.
- To try and use 100% renewable electricity
- Waste Management
- Virtually every sheet of A4 is used twice before recycling, supporting a paper free office
- Low energy light bulbs are in use wherever possible.
- New LED lamps installed throughout hotel.
- We recycle our printer cartridges wherever possible and introduced more wax blocks rather than cartridges
- We communicate with our guests, management and shareholders via email
- Staff Green & H&S Meetings
- We use public transport wherever possible and practical and have introduced a Bike to Work Scheme
- We do not run company cars